Mock #6 (5).png

Marriage petitions


If a foreign citizen is married to a U.S. citizen or green card holder (lawful permanent resident), he, she or they may qualify for a marriage-based green card.


A marriage green card allows a spouse of a U.S. citizen or green card holder to live and work in the U.S. permanently. After three years, the spouse becomes eligible to apply for U.S. Citizenship.


The process of getting marriage-based green cards involves three main steps:

  • Establish a marriage relationship;

  • Apply for a green card;

  • Attend an interview and get the approval.


The scope of documents to be prepared and provided in support of the marriage petition depends on different factors (e.g. whether the foreign citizen is outside the U.S. or in the U.S., status of the sponsor, etc.). USCIS carefully reviews every detail of the application to ensure that the marriage is real and valid.


Karikari and Associates would f be happy to review your individual situation and provide advice regarding whether or not you are eligible for a marriage-based immigrant visa. If eligible, our team of experienced associates will gladly assist you in the preparation of all of the required documents for your consular processing (if you are outside the US) or adjustment of status (if you are in the US) and provide you on-going assistance during throughout the process.


Contact us to schedule your free consultation.


This website is for informational purposes only and does not provide legal advice. Please do not act or refrain from acting based on anything you read on this site. Using this site or communicating with Karikari & Associates through this website does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising. Please review the full disclaimer for more information.