Mock #6 (9).png

Work permits


A work permit (employment authorization document) is a document that allows foreign employees to temporarily work in the United States. Work permits are usually issued to applicants for green cards or those seeking a temporary right to live in the U.S.

There are a number of categories that qualify for a work permit. For example, holders of the following visas are eligible for the work permit:


  • H-1B visas (temporary professional visas for persons holding bachelor’s degree or equivalent);

  • L-1 Visas (for intra-company transferees);

  • F-1 Visas (for students, eligible for a work permit during CPT or OPT);

  • E Visas (for treaty traders and investors).


Eligibility of the person for the work permit is directly related to their legal status in the U.S. Some types of visas allow foreign nationals to work in the U.S. and some directly prohibit that.


Karikari & Associates would be happy to review your individual situation and provide advice regarding whether or not you are eligible for a work permit. If eligible, our team of experienced associates will gladly assist you with the preparation of all of the required documents and provide you with on-going assistance during every step of the application process.


Contact us to schedule your free consultation.


This website is for informational purposes only and does not provide legal advice. Please do not act or refrain from acting based on anything you read on this site. Using this site or communicating with Karikari & Associates through this website does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising. Please review the full disclaimer for more information.